- Franklin D. Roosevelt vetoed the most bills from Congress with 635.
- Andrew Johnson had the most vetoes overridden by Congress with 15.
- Franklin Pierce had the highest percentage of his vetoes overridden by Congress at 56% (5 out of 9).
- John Tyler was the first president to have a veto overridden.
- William McKinley had the most vetoes without an override with 42.
- Grover Cleveland had the most vetoes in one complete term with 414 in his first term.
- Seven presidents had not vetoed a bill. Only one, Thomas Jefferson, did so over two complete terms.
Return to Presidential Facts