Links immediately following the image of the American Flag () are links to other POTUS sites.
All other links lead to sites elsewhere on the Web.
Jump to: Presidential Election Results | Cabinet Members | Notable Events | Internet Biographies | Historical Documents | Media Resources | Other Internet Resources | Points of Interest
30th President of the United States
(August 3, 1923 to March 3, 1929)
Nickname: "Silent Cal"
Born: July 4, 1872, in Plymouth, Vermont
Died: January 5, 1933, in Northampton, Massachusetts
Father: John Calvin Coolidge
Mother: Victoria Josephine Moor Coolidge
Married: Grace Anna Goodhue (1879-1957), on October 4, 1905
Children: John Coolidge (1906-2000); Calvin Coolidge, Jr. (1908-24)
Education: Graduated from Amherst College (1895)
Political Party: Republican
Other Government Positions:
- Northampton, MA City Councilman, 1899
- City Solicitor, 1900-01
- Clerk of Courts, 1904
- Member of Massachusetts Legislature, 1907-08
- Mayor of Northampton, MA, 1910-11
- Member of Massachusetts Legislature, 1912-15
- Lieutenant-Governor of Massachusetts, 1916-18
- Governor of Massachusetts, 1919-20
- Vice President, 1921-23 (under Harding)
Presidential Salary: $75,000/year
Vice President: Charles G. Dawes (1925-29)
- Secretary of State
- Charles Evans Hughes (1923-25)
- Frank B. Kellogg (1925-29)
- Secretary of the Treasury
- Andrew W. Mellon (1923-29)
- Secretary of War
- John W. Weeks (1923-25)
- Dwight F. Davis (1925-29)
- Attorney General
- Harry M. Daugherty (1923-24)
- Harlan F. Stone (1924-25)
- John G. Sargent (1925-29)
- Postmaster General
- Harry S. New (1923-29)
- Secretary of the Navy
- Edwin Denby (1923-24)
- Curtis D. Wilbur (1924-29)
- Secretary of the Interior
- Hubert Work (1923-28)
- Roy O. West (1929)
- Secretary of Agriculture
- Henry C. Wallace (1923-24)
- Howard M. Gore (1924-25)
- William M. Jardine (1925-29)
- Secretary of Commerce
- Herbert C. Hoover (1923-28)
- William F. Whiting (1928-29)
- Secretary of Labor
- James J. Davis (1923-29)
- Calvin Coolidge -- from The Presidents of the United States of America
- Compiled by the White House.
- Calvin Coolidge -- from Table of Presidents and Vice Presidents of the United States - MSN Encarta
- An encyclopedia entry from MSN Encarta.
- Calvin Coolidge -- from The American President
- From the Miller Center of Public Affairs at the University of Virginia, in addition to information on the Presidents themselves, they have first lady and cabinet member biographies, listings of presidential staff and advisers, and timelines detailing significant events in the lives of each administration.
- Price of the Presidency -- by Richard Norton Smith
- From the January 1996 issue of Yankee Magazine, this biography focuses on Coolidge's character.
- Inaugural Address (1925)
- From a 1920 Fourth of July speech delivered before he was nominated to run for Vice President. Taken from one of the very first sound films ever made. (1:12)
- Real Audio | MP3 (564K)
- From the Vincent Voice Library at Michigan State University under the leadership of Dr. Maurice Crane.
- "Law and Order" from the 1920 election campaign
- From the Library of Congress Voices of the Presidential Election of 1920.
Other Internet Resources:
Points of Interest:
Previous President: Warren Gamaliel Harding | Next President: Herbert Clark Hoover
Return to POTUS Index
©1996-2018. Robert S. Summers. All rights reserved.